Pray.Network

A Community of Prayer Champions, Praying Churches, Prayed-for Communities

Pray for America - Now!

You don’t have to look far to see the burdens and deep needs upon our beloved nation.  I believe you and I are living in an appointed period, unprecedented in our lifetimes in America. While it could be disheartening, consider that this country is home to our families, work life, and the religious liberty through which we as citizens have been blessed beyond comparison to life in most other nations. Therein lies the God opportunity for us now.

The opportunity is prayer itself to our Lord God, Who really is ALL mighty.  Talking to Him, listening and obeying in response really is the most powerful and critical thing you can do for the personal areas like your family to the collective corporate parts of national life.  Where do we put our true faith and trust?  In mere humanity or in the great I AM, Creator of mankind, nations, government, earth and well, yes every thing.

Here at National Day of Prayer Task Force, we exist to pray daily for all facets of our nation: families, church, schools, business, government, and yes media too!  With the first Thursday of May, the 66th annual National Day of Prayer (NDP) quickly approaching and continuing through 2017 we invite you to the great impact of prayer in some key ways:

• Pray for America Conference Call, every First Thursday from 8-10 pm ET (adjust to your time zone) by calling 712-432-0075, enter the code 4961322#.  March 2nd is the next monthly call. In addition, this prayer line is open every evening of the year from 10-midnight ET to praise, repent and yield to our Lord. 
  • Participate in a local prayer event on the National Day of Prayer, 5/4/17.  Where do you go to find a prayer event?  This link takes you to a national search by zip code, city or state. Click here.  If you don’t find anything near you, consider helping host prayer in your county or community through volunteer coordination. Note that many events are not posted until a few weeks before NDP.
  • Become a member of the national volunteer network and find out more at this volunteer link: Click here - click on the brief application: Click here.

Sometimes people inquire why do they need to fill out an application form?  We live in a culture where our terminology and interpretation can easily vary.  Because we work to promote the Judeo-Christian expression of the National Day of Prayer, it is critical that we who are laboring together, are in agreement and find unity through a shared statement of faith - based on the Holy Bible.  All volunteers of this Task Force must, with integrity, be able to sign this statement of faith included in the application: Statement of Faith: I believe that the Holy Bible is the inspired, only, infallible, authoritative Word of The Living God. That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit; The Lord is the Creator of all things in heaven and on earth; all things have been created through Him and for Him (Colossians 1:16, Genesis 1); In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in his personal return in power and glory; That for salvation of lost and sinful men and women, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential; In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life; In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they who are saved unto resurrection life and they who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation; And in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.

• Connect with your State Coordinator: click on the sub menu, ‘state coordinators’ and click on your state on US Map to contact this leader near you for support, guidance, and prayer covering. Click here. Through the state level team, you will learn of ongoing prayer efforts, share ideas and updates with training opportunities to further equip and connect you both locally and nationally.  Every fall we seek to recruit and prepare volunteers to mobilize more prayer within our nation.  Save the date:
  • National Prayer and Training Summit, October, 26-29, 2017 in Colorado - Location TBD, more details will be coming. I have worked with this volunteer network for over thirteen years and have a dream of every county and community in the USA having a public prayer gathering on this annual day.  But we need more volunteers.  Maybe the Lord is calling you?
  • Promote prayer events with annual themed resource materials with ease and convenient packaging at this link: Click here.

As I consider the accelerated, intensity of daily life, God has gripped me personally by these verses: Hebrews 10: 38-39 “…but my righteous one shall live by faith, and if he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him.  But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and preserve their souls.”

Brothers and sister in Jesus the Christ, this is definitely the time in our lives to STEP FORWARD, not back.  Ask the Lord to speak to you personally on the how, what, who and when.  But remember, your prayer life personally and nationally is not an optional part of the Christian life.  It’s where true power, peace and purpose come alive.

Lastly, it does take finances to fuel even grassroots efforts like calling a nation to pray.  It is easy to hope that someone else will be the one to volunteer or give funds.  I’ve been in that boat many times too. But is He speaking to you?  Visit this link to contribute to keep abreast with social media, website, resource development, recruiting and training national volunteer network for increasing national impact: 

Thanking God for your partnership to PRAY for AMERICA!

Lisa Crump
Chief Operating Officer

Mobilizing Our Nation to Pray – Is as Easy as One, Two, Three

Step One – Develop Your Plan

We’ve created this step-by-step guide to help you and your church congregations promote the Annual National Day of Prayer in your local communities. Whether you hold one large event, or multiple, smaller events, we have numerous tools and resources available to assist you.

Appoint a coordinator to head up planning and promotion. Assemble a prayer team to support the event or emphasis with prayer. Together, create a calendar and determine the dates, as well as the times and locations for your NDP event or any additional supplemental classes on prayer. Four weeks of sermon/teaching outlines are available, as well as curriculum for small groups or classes. Other ideas are available on our event page as well. Click Here

Step Two – Promote Your Event

When promoting in local churches, Sunday mornings is your best time. Posters, bulletin or program covers, bulletin inserts, a PowerPoint slide, graphics, and announcement copy are available through our web shop or for download. We’ve left space on several of the items so that you can customize with your own church or community information. Outdoor promotional tools such as yard signs, banners, door hangers and more are available to aid you in reaching out to your neighborhood or to your entire community.

We also have made local radio spots, PSA’s, promotional video, advertising spots for newspapers, memes for Facebook, and web banners available on our website under media and promotional tools to help you promote in your local media and online. Click Here

Step Three – Post and Host Your Event

Leading up to the event, communicate directly each week with your groups or congregations by email and social media to invite them and remind them of the event/class taking place. Host your National Day of Prayer Event and gather feedback and testimonies that can then be shared with members of your community or church to encourage them to continue on in prayer. Click Here to Post Your Event

Begin by Mobilizing YOUR Community

Whether you're gathering your church, your community, or just want a few yard signs to draw attention to the National Day of Prayer, click here to download a PDF copy of our 2017 Catalog or click here to visit our convenient web store. You'll find everything you'll need to mobilize YOUR community, and to call God's people to - Pray for America! 

You can also make a one-time or monthly, recurring donation to further the work of the National Day of Prayer. Click here and help transform our nation through prayer!

To contact us or to place your order by phone, call 800-444-8828

Views: 728

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.” 2 Corinthians 10:4-6 NKJV

C.H. Spurgeon often referred to one of these ‘weapons’ as the ‘weapon of all prayer’. In one of his sermons titled Prayer is a Never-Failing Resort, he expanded upon the Apostle Paul’s instruction. As a seasoned and gifted shepherd, he said “Prayer is the never-failing resort of the Christian in any case, in every plight. When you cannot use your sword you may take to the weapon of all-prayer. Your powder may be damp, your bow string may be relaxed, but the weapon of all-prayer need never be out of order. Leviathan laughs at the javelin, but he trembles at prayer. Sword and spear need furbishing, but prayer never rusts, and when we think it most blunt it cuts the best. Prayer is the open door that none can shut.”

Prayer is a most powerful weapon in the hands of a seasoned prayer warrior, “pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God.” Strategic, intentional, passionate, fervent prayer ‘avails much’! As we approach the National Day of Prayer, ask the Lord to reveal the strongholds that He would have you work on ‘pulling down’ in your family, in your community, and in our nation. Your ‘air strike’ of prayer can lay waste to any and all of the work that that enemy has built up. 

The 65th annual National Day of Prayer takes place on Thursday, May 5th, just 6 days from now. Get involved at www.NationalDayofPrayer.org

Alex Kendrick - Creator of War Room

Alex_Kendrick_War_Room.jpgAt the 64th Annual National Day of Prayer observance in Washington DC, Alex shared this moving prayer for America:

Our Father in heaven, we come before You today, acknowledging You as our Creator. You are the God of Abraham, Jacob, and Isaac, the One who established Your chosen people and through whom You gave Your Son and our Savior, Jesus Christ. You established the promised land of Israel and demonstrated time and time again that if Your people sought You, worshipped You, and obeyed You, that You would bless them with guidance, provision, and protection. But that if they turned away, then You would remove Your hand and allow judgment. 

Continue reading this prayer >>

Prepare the Hearts of your People for the National Day of Prayer

In every movie from the Kendrick Brothers, including Courageous and Fireproof, prayer played a key role. In War Room, prayer is the star of the movie! Before the National Day of Prayer, plan to show War Room in your church with a special site license from Provident Films. And order now using the code NDP10 and your church will save 10%. Find out more and order your site license today here: http://providentfilms.org/film/war-room.

Click here to watch a special message from Alex Kendrick

There is still time to order - 50% OFF all National Day of Prayer Themed Product

We are just six days away from the National Day of Prayer, and we want to make sure that everyone who is hosting an event has the opportunity to order resources that will help promote prayer in our nation. Click Here to Order

Last_Chance_Email.jpg
http://www.nationaldayofprayer.org/
-=-=-

National Day of Prayer Task Force · PO Box 64225, Colorado Springs, CO 80962, United States

A Tribute to Shirley Dobson by Dr. James Dobson

sd-doc_2004.jpgAlmost every month since I left academia in 1977, I have written a letter to our listeners and supporters. Each of those letters dealt with a different topic of relevance to the family. They number more than 420 to date, and all of them are filed here at Family Talk. They chronicle the 33 years I spent at Focus on the Family, and now 6 years at Family Talk.

Never in those four decades have I devoted a letter specifically to my marvelous wife, Shirley. I think it is time to put her in the spotlight, because she is an incredible lady.

As some of you know, Shirley grew up in a dysfunctional family with an alcoholic father. Her mother and father divorced early on, and Alma was left to raise two children with no means of support. There was no “safety net” for struggling families in those days. Alma was a devoted and dedicated mother who was willing to do anything necessary to care for her kids, John and Shirley. Alma would rise in the middle of the night to work in a fish cannery as the boats came in. She also worked in a defense plant building airplanes. Alma became one of the first women to earn the nickname, “Rosie the Riveter.” I honor her memory today and express my appreciation for all the single parents who are courageously handling what I have called “the toughest job in the universe.”

One of Alma’s wisest decisions during the early years was to begin sending her children to a little Nazarene church in their neighborhood. Alma spent her Sundays washing, ironing, cooking, cleaning and “catching-up.” Shirley was at church one morning when a teacher named Mrs. Baldwin told her about Jesus and described how much He loved her. Several months later, when Shirley was six years old, she quietly knelt at an altar of prayer and gave her heart to Jesus. John made his own commitment to Christ about the same time.

Shirley learned to pray privately, and she began getting on her knees in her tiny bedroom at night and asking Jesus for two requests. She asked for a father who would love and care for her little family, and even at her young age, she asked for a godly husband who someday would care for her and love the Lord. Keep reading this article from Dr. James Dobson >>

Ways to Get Involved

The National Day of Prayer is only 22 days away and there are a number of ways to get involved. If you would like to join with millions of believers from coast-to-coast in united prayer before God Almighty, then use the navigation links below to get equipped today:

NDP_2016Insert-April2016_F1-2.jpg

National Prayer Summit

Summit_2016_T.gifMake plans now to join with thousands of intercessors at the National Prayer Summit. This special gathering will take placeJuly 14-17 in Washington D.C. and features an incredible line-up of speakers. Registration is only $89 per person, so get registered today >>

National Day of Prayer Task Force · PO Box 64225, Colorado Springs, CO 80962, United States 

https://hostedimages-cdn.aweber-static.com/MTAzMjc3OQ==/optimized/3..." alt="Image" width="552" height="307"/>
Reports From National Day Of Prayer

Millions of People Unite for the 65th National Day of Prayer

Every year, the National Day of Prayer (NDP) Task Force facilitates several events on Capitol Hill including the National Observance at the Cannon House Office Building. With speakers like Tony Evans, Chuck Swindoll, Oliver North, Max Lucado, Beth Moore, and Franklin Graham, the expectations are always high and the response is overwhelming. More than five hundred thousand people tune in live each year, via video stream and televised broadcast, for what is sure to be a prayer event... MORE HERE

Anne Graham Lotz Becomes Chair of NDP

God has called me to be a messenger.  I have used my initials, AGL, to name my non-profit ministry AnGeL Ministries, because in Scripture angels are God’s messengers.

For the past several years, God has burdened my heart with His message to call His people to repentance, revival, and a recommitment to serious prayer.  I have offered five online prayer initiatives in which tens of thousands of people have been led to pray  READ MORE

Millions Unite for the 65th National Day of Prayer

NDP-1024x768.jpgEvery year, the National Day of Prayer (NDP) Task Force facilitates several events on Capitol Hill including the National Observance at the Cannon House Office Building. With speakers like Tony Evans, Chuck Swindoll, Oliver North, Max Lucado, Beth Moore, and Franklin Graham, the expectations are always high and the response is overwhelming. More than five hundred thousand people tune in live each year, via video stream and televised broadcast, for what is sure to be a prayer event highlight reel as representatives from each branch of government, prominent ministries and businesses share encouraging and convicting messages with ambassadors, delegates, and individuals from all walks of life in the historic Caucus Room – and the 65th annual National Day of Prayer observance did not disappoint.

The morning began promptly at 9:00 a.m. eastern with the presentation of the colors by the Joint Armed Forces Color Guard and the National Anthem. Mrs. Shirley Dobson, Chairman of the National Day of Prayer Task Force, kicked off the momentous celebration with a warm greeting and introduction of Rabbi Jonathan Cahn. She then had everyone on the edge of their seats when she made the following statement:

“In 1988, the late Vonette Bright began petitioning Members of Congress to support a bill that would designate the first Thursday in May as the annual National Day of Prayer. By a joint resolution of the United States Congress, it was signed into law by President Reagan on May 8th of that year. 

Mrs. Bright continued in leadership until 1991.  Then she and the National Prayer Committee asked me to succeed her as chairman of the National Day of Prayer Task Force. After much prayer and careful consideration, I accepted the responsibility and have now served for 25 consecutive years. The Day of Prayer has been observed by more than 33 million people at 630,000 prayer gatherings around the world…and today, another chapter begins. 

I am pleased to announce that Mrs. Anne Graham Lotz, daughter of Dr. Billy Graham, will succeed me as the new chairman of the National Day of Prayer Task Force. It is imperative that we preserve this American heritage to insure that this powerful expression of our religious freedom will continue for generations to come. I couldn’t be more grateful that the Lord has laid upon Anne the mantle of leadership for national prayer.  She is eminently qualified to serve the nation in this capacity.  We honor her for accepting this responsibility.”

Immediately, the audience was surprised and yet greatly encouraged by the announcement. A new chapter begins after a quarter century as the mantle of leadership passes to Billy Graham’s daughter.

This transition of leadership seems fitting given the fact that it was in 1952 when House Speaker Sam Rayburn invited the Reverend Billy Graham to Washington D.C. and on the steps of the Capitol in February of that year, he delivered a message at the young age of 32 that transformed a city and ultimately a nation. As a result, a bill calling for an annual National Day of Prayer, co-sponsored by Percy Priest and Senator Frank Carlson, and publicly endorsed by Conrad Hilton (who took out a full page ad of Uncle Sam on his knees in prayer) was passed through Congress and then signed by President Harry Truman. The bill was passed April 17, 1952. 

The National Observance continued and Rabbi Cahn (author of The Harbinger) took the podium first and blessed the occasion with eloquent words and a personal challenge for how we should view the exercise of prayer and solemn assembly. He then put the Shofar to his lips and belted out what seemed to be the longest held note to echo throughout the halls of Congress in the history of our nation. At that moment, we knew the prayer event had begun and not just in Washington D.C.

The line-up of speakers that followed were second to none with each building on the other, emphasizing repentance and a return to the God of our Fathers. After a series of convicting messages and prayers of reverence to the Almighty, Dr. Tony Evans, the 2016 Honorary Chairman, concluded the gathering with the National Prayer that was spoken aloud in unison by the standing-room only crowd that had remained steadfast throughout the full 3-hour plus gathering.

It was a powerful and fitting way to conclude the National Observance while serving as a springboard to more than 47,000 similar gatherings that took place from coast to coast. In addition, an estimated 90 nations participated in the annual observance along with South Korea, India and Australia where prayer coordinators mobilized thousands to fast and pray for the United States. From pilots flying over capitols to petition from above, to balloon launches, parades, park gatherings and more, there were millions of prayers lifted up at an unprecedented level. President Barack H. Obama and all 50 Governors unanimously called on Americans to pray. Truly, the 65th annual National Day of Prayer was a historic moment in time for God’s church, across the oceans, to unite in prayer in One Voice. It was the largest such day of prayer in the modern era and already, many have started their planning efforts for May 4, 2017.

Immediately following the National Day of Prayer, the NDP Task Force, announced that it was partnering with Pulse Ministries to rally intercessors far and wide back to Washington D.C., July 14-17 (National Prayer Summit and Together 2016) for what will be one of the largest gatherings of prayer at the National Mall. It is quite clear that the National Day of Prayer was not the end but only the beginning - a catalyst for a prayer mobilization effort that could truly transform the cultural landscape across this great land.

Be sure to visit, www.NationalDayofPrayer.org for upcoming details on how you can get involved.

- John Bornschein, Vice Chairman

-=-=-

Summit_2016_T.gif

Phil --

National_Prayer_Summit_2016.jpgYou are invited to join with intercessors from around the world in Washington D.C., for the National Prayer Summit, July 14-17, 2016 at the Sheraton Pentagon City. Discounted registration is available (for a limited time) and includes 5 meals and transportation! Learn to mobilizepeople to intercession as you gain a deeper understandingof prayer with like-minded believers.

Speakers and Experience

Prayer_Summit_speaker_lineup_2.jpgThe National Prayer Summit speakers will challenge you through powerful ideas, stirring discussions and biblical models. They will take us through life-changing principles that will serve as a roadmap for effectual prayer.

Speakers include: 

- Anne Graham Lotz
- Dutch Sheets
- Bishop Harry Jackson
- Lea Carawan
- Dr. David Butts
- Dave Kubal
- Jason Hershey
- Pierre Bynum
- Lisa Crump
- and many others

This National Prayer Summit is a combined Concert of Prayer featuring a prayer walk at key locations, led by the American Center for Prayer and Revival. We will also unite on the National Mall for Together 2016, focusing on personal repentance, intercession and praise, that will help us draw closer to Almighty God as He prepares us for the work ahead. There should also be plenty of time for fellowship and networking, which are invaluable. It is our hope that you will depart having learned important truths, formed valuable insights and charged-up to commit yourself to action – inspired with vision that ignites audacious faith.

At Together 2016 on Saturday, July 16, you will hear from:

Dr. Ravi Zacharias, Francis Chan, Hillsong United, Nick Hall, Josh McDowell, Dr. Ronnie Floyd, Casting Crowns, Luis Palau, Kirk Franklin, Jeremy Camp, Sammy Rodriguez and many others.

Registration

Registration is only $89 per person and includes all summit materials, three breakfasts, one boxed/buffet lunch with one evening plated dinner (Thursday - Saturday) and bus transportation from the hotel to each Concert of Prayer at the National Mall. Bus and shuttle transportation provided.

The Prayer and Leadership Summit will be hosted at the Sheraton Pentagon Citywith a discounted rate of only $169 per night, which includes a complimentary shuttle to and from the Reagan National Airport.

Click here to view a summary of the agenda >

Get registered today and we will see you in Washington D.C., July 14-17, 2016!

Called to Be a Messenger

AGL_DC_SM.jpgGod has called me to be a messenger. I have used my initials, AGL, to name my non-profit ministry AnGeL Ministries because in Scripture angels are God’s messengers.

For the past several years, God has burdened my heart with His message to call His people to repentance, revival, and a recommitment to serious prayer. I have offered five online prayer initiatives in which tens of thousands of people have been led to pray.

It’s interesting to note that at the beginning of all things, in Genesis 1, God used prayer--the preparation of the Spirithovering over the waters of a formless, empty planet, and the proclamation of His Word--and God said--to transform our world physically.

At the center of all things, in Acts 1 & 2, after the cross, the resurrection, and the ascension of Jesus, His disciples prayed for 10 days.  Then, on the day of Pentecost, Peter proclaimed God’s Word; and not only were 3000 people saved, but the church was born.  Once again our world was transformed, this time spiritually.

At the end of all things—which is where I believe we are today—the apostle Paul charges us in 2 Timothy 4:1-2 to preach the Word. In 1 Peter 4:7 we are exhorted when the end of all things is near, to be self-controlled so that you can pray

Continue reading this article

The Daniel Prayer

AGL_TDP_Book.jpgMany people today find that their prayers don’t “work.” And like a broken cell phone, DVD player, or TV remote, they throw prayer out as unnecessary “clutter” in their busy lives. Anne Graham Lotz has found that while prayer does work, sometimes the “pray-ers” don’t. So she has turned to the prophet Daniel for help.

The Daniel Prayer is born deep within your soul, erupts through your heart, and pours out on your lips, words created by and infused with the Spirit of God quivering with spiritual electricity. It’s really not an everyday type of prayer. It’s a prayer birthed under pressure. Heartache. Grief. Desperation. It can be triggered by a sudden revelation of hope. An answer to prayer, a promise freshly received, a miracle that lies just over the horizon…

Join Anne in a thrilling discovery of prayer that really works.

Matching Gift Challenge

We are excited to make all of our ministry supporters aware of an amazing opportunity that God has provided! Two of our long-time donors have generously pledged to match every gift that is given to help with our new transition and to position us for greater future impact up to $300,000! $100 becomes $200, $250 becomes $500, and $500 becomes $1,000 – all the way up to $300,000, which will become $600,000!

Please prayerfully consider taking this opportunity to DOUBLE your investment in the National Day of Prayer Task Force! As we engage, equip, and encourage people on to effective, fervent prayer, God’s promise in James 5 is that it WILL avail much!

If you’d like to make a secure, online donation today, please click here.

National Prayer Summit

Summit_2016.jpgJoin Anne Graham Lotz, the new chairman of the National Day or Prayer Task Force, as we gather in Washington, DC in just eight weeks! Our National Prayer Summit speakers will challenge you through powerful ideas, stirring discussions and biblical models. They will take us through life-changing principles that will serve as a roadmap for effectual prayer. We will also put those principles into action, as we take to the mall and pray for our nation!Speakers include: Our new Chairman, Anne Graham Lotzalong with – Dutch Sheets, Bishop Harry Jackson, Lea Carawan, Dr. David Butts, Dave Kubal, Jason Hershey, Pierre Bynum, Lisa Crump, and many others. 

Click here to register today!

Tell Us About Your Event - Event Survey 2016

Thank you for your efforts to help unite our great nation in prayer! We’re always interested to hear about your local event! Follow the link to complete the form to submit your 2016 Event Survey.  Click here

-=-=-

Fall 2016 Update from Lisa Crump

Phil --http://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/nationaldayofprayer/mailings/7..." alt="Lisa_Pic.jpg" width="250" height="305"/>

How are you feeling about the course of our nation?  Will this upcoming election solve our problems and address our concerns?  No matter the political outcome, we must look forward with hope, embracing the truth represented in our national motto, that it is truly, “In God We Trust”.  Truly only the Lord can change the course of this nation, and we are thankful, that despite what we hear in the news, our great and faithful God is listening to the effective, fervent prayers of His people, and they are ‘availing much’!

At the National Day of Prayer Task Force, we realize that our mission of mobilizing prayer and encouraging personal repentance and righteousness in our culture, is more vital than ever.  As we have traveled throughout each of the 50 states, we can attest to the fact that the number of people praying for our nation is increasing.  There is a desperation driving this increase, fueled by the passion and activity of thousands of volunteer coordinators, men and women who care enough to be bold in our faith and bold in prayer, “for such a time as this.” Yet, we still have many gaps – places without leaders and without much coordinated prayer. 

In July, our team, including our new Chairman, Anne Graham Lotz, traveled to our nation’s capital, to engage, equip, and encourage hundreds of these leaders at our National Prayer Summit, where:

• Anne spoke on the necessity of praying with clean hearts. Encouraging us, that together, we must convey truth into our culture with a genuine love for the spiritually lost and deceived.  

• Dutch Sheets explained that God has established a historic covenant with our nation and that even when we aren’t faithful to it, He will keep His Word.

• Dave Butts, our Board Chairman challenged us, by laying out a strategic plan regarding how to pray for our wayward nation.  

• We gathered at David’s Tent, on the national mall, for a Concert of Prayer for America.  

• Partnered the American Center for Prayer and Revival, praying through sites such as the U.S. Capitol, the White House, the Supreme Court and nine other areas around the National Mall.

• Our teams joined with over 500 other Christian ministries, and several hundred thousand believers to serve and pray at Together 2016 in the shadow of the Washington Monument.

From D.C. we began our fourth, Pray for America Bus Tour, focusing on ‘Praying for Local, State, and National Government” and to Cleveland and Philadelphia, rallying prayer at the Republican and Democratic National Conventions. We were grateful for the opportunity to pray for hundreds of state delegates and elected leaders and to join the numerous local prayer efforts in both cities, praying the presence and peace of God. 

You and I are blessed simply because we are citizens of the United States of America.  This is not because our nation is the only one God cares about, but because we have inherited a nation of divine birth set apart for His Holy purposes. In His Providence, He has seen fit to move the hearts of our governing leaders to establish His Presence in our public law, as the God in whom we trust, and the One that we are called by our President to cry out to on the first Thursday of each May. Prayer is not just a sacred responsibility, but a civic duty for those who follow Jesus. 

Engaging, equipping, and encouraging prayer in America requires organizing, training, and resourcing thousands of leaders. Each year, gifts from friends like you, help us accomplish this critical mission! It also allows us to keep prayer ‘front and center’ in our culture, helping to insure that our religious freedoms will remain in tact for ‘ourselves and our posterity’.   A matching gift challenge has been established to enable this ministry to America to continue. Until the challenge amount is met, every donation that we receive will be matched dollar for dollar! Through this challenge, your gift to the National Day of Prayer will to twice as far! 

May I ask you a sobering question? What will we leave behind for our children and grandchildren? If we don’t step forward, who will? Please prayerfully consider not only giving a generous gift, but also becoming a volunteer in your area. Most of all, please join us through the simple and powerful act of praying for America daily. And as you do, “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope” Romans 15:13.

With joy and peace in believing, 

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/nationaldayofprayer/pages/713..." alt="LisaCrump-2.jpg" width="208" height="70"/>

Lisa Crump

Chief Operating Officer

The Daniel Prayer

AGL_TDP_Book.jpgMany people today find that their prayers don’t “work.” And like a broken cell phone, DVD player, or TV remote, they throw prayer out as unnecessary “clutter” in their busy lives. Anne Graham Lotz has found that while prayer does work, sometimes the “pray-ers” don’t. So she has turned to the prophet Daniel for help.

The Daniel Prayer is born deep within your soul, erupts through your heart, and pours out on your lips, words created by and infused with the Spirit of God quivering with spiritual electricity. It’s really not an everyday type of prayer. It’s a prayer birthed under pressure. Heartache. Grief. Desperation. It can be triggered by a sudden revelation of hope. An answer to prayer, a promise freshly received, a miracle that lies just over the horizon…

Join Anne Graham Lotz in a thrilling discovery of prayer that really works.
MATCHING_GIFT_CHALLENGE_BANNER_copy.jpg

Matching Gift Challenge

We are excited to make all of our ministry supporters aware of an amazing opportunity that God has provided! Two of our long-time donors have generously pledged to match every gift that is given to help with our new transition and to position us for greater future impact up to $300,000! $100 becomes $200, $250 becomes $500, and $500 becomes $1,000 – all the way up to $300,000, which will become $600,000!

Please prayerfully consider taking this opportunity to DOUBLE your investment in the National Day of Prayer Task Force! As we engage, equip, and encourage people on to effective, fervent prayer, God’s promise in James 5 is that it WILL avail much!

-=-=-

This email was sent to philnppn@gmail.com. To stop receiving emails, click here.

-=-=-

Fall 2016 Update from Lisa Crump

How are you feeling about the course of our nation?  Will this upcoming election solve our problems and address our concerns?  No matter the political outcome, we must look forward with hope, embracing the truth represented in our national motto, that it is truly, “In God We Trust”.  Truly only the Lord can change the course of this nation, and we are thankful, that despite what we hear in the news, our great and faithful God is listening to the effective, fervent prayers of His people, and they are ‘availing much’!

At the National Day of Prayer Task Force, we realize that our mission of mobilizing prayer and encouraging personal repentance and righteousness in our culture, is more vital than ever.  As we have traveled throughout each of the 50 states, we can attest to the fact that the number of people praying for our nation is increasing.  There is a desperation driving this increase, fueled by the passion and activity of thousands of volunteer coordinators, men and women who care enough to be bold in our faith and bold in prayer, “for such a time as this.” Yet, we still have many gaps – places without leaders and without much coordinated prayer. 

In July, our team, including our new Chairman, Anne Graham Lotz, traveled to our nation’s capital, to engage, equip, and encourage hundreds of these leaders at our National Prayer Summit, where:

• Anne spoke on the necessity of praying with clean hearts. Encouraging us, that together, we must convey truth into our culture with a genuine love for the spiritually lost and deceived.  

• Dutch Sheets explained that God has established a historic covenant with our nation and that even when we aren’t faithful to it, He will keep His Word.

• Dave Butts, our Board Chairman challenged us, by laying out a strategic plan regarding how to pray for our wayward nation.  

• We gathered at David’s Tent, on the national mall, for a Concert of Prayer for America.  

• Partnered the American Center for Prayer and Revival, praying through sites such as the U.S. Capitol, the White House, the Supreme Court and nine other areas around the National Mall.

• Our teams joined with over 500 other Christian ministries, and several hundred thousand believers to serve and pray at Together 2016 in the shadow of the Washington Monument.

From D.C. we began our fourth, Pray for America Bus Tour, focusing on ‘Praying for Local, State, and National Government” and to Cleveland and Philadelphia, rallying prayer at the Republican and Democratic National Conventions. We were grateful for the opportunity to pray for hundreds of state delegates and elected leaders and to join the numerous local prayer efforts in both cities, praying the presence and peace of God. 

You and I are blessed simply because we are citizens of the United States of America.  This is not because our nation is the only one God cares about, but because we have inherited a nation of divine birth set apart for His Holy purposes. In His Providence, He has seen fit to move the hearts of our governing leaders to establish His Presence in our public law, as the God in whom we trust, and the One that we are called by our President to cry out to on the first Thursday of each May. Prayer is not just a sacred responsibility, but a civic duty for those who follow Jesus. 

Engaging, equipping, and encouraging prayer in America requires organizing, training, and resourcing thousands of leaders. Each year, gifts from friends like you, help us accomplish this critical mission! It also allows us to keep prayer ‘front and center’ in our culture, helping to insure that our religious freedoms will remain in tact for ‘ourselves and our posterity’.   A matching gift challenge has been established to enable this ministry to America to continue. Until the challenge amount is met, every donation that we receive will be matched dollar for dollar! Through this challenge, your gift to the National Day of Prayer will to twice as far! 

May I ask you a sobering question? What will we leave behind for our children and grandchildren? If we don’t step forward, who will? Please prayerfully consider not only giving a generous gift, but also becoming a volunteer in your area. Most of all, please join us through the simple and powerful act of praying for America daily. And as you do, “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope” Romans 15:13.

With joy and peace in believing, 

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/nationaldayofprayer/pages/713..." alt="LisaCrump-2.jpg" width="208" height="70"/>

Lisa Crump

Chief Operating Officer

The Daniel Prayer

AGL_TDP_Book.jpgMany people today find that their prayers don’t “work.” And like a broken cell phone, DVD player, or TV remote, they throw prayer out as unnecessary “clutter” in their busy lives. Anne Graham Lotz has found that while prayer does work, sometimes the “pray-ers” don’t. So she has turned to the prophet Daniel for help.

Join Anne Graham Lotz in a thrilling discovery of prayer that really works.
MATCHING_GIFT_CHALLENGE_BANNER_copy.jpg

Matching Gift Challenge

Reply to Discussion

RSS

START HERE TO . . .

Add a photo?  Reply to a discussion?  Blog an insight? Post an event? Watch (and pray) a video? Join a group? Invite my friends/class/?

--->Take the Tour  

--->Ask A Question

Partners in Prayer

Visit  

LOVE2020.COM

Pray

...right here, right now

Follow  @MakeLoveYourAim

Videos

• Add Videos

Workshop Video

Impacting Cities & Communities thru Prayer